Once your posting has been approved by the Film Commission, see below information on posting your "No Stopping/Parking" signs.
WE REQUIRE YOU TO HIRE A POSTING CONTRACTOR TO POST YOUR NO STOPPING/PARKING SIGNS.
We have four city approved posting contractors:
- Jason Wong with No Stopping Zone: 415-850-4863
- Harry Stein and Bob Loeffler with Up and Down Signs: 415-290-2736 and 510-816-4093
- Rashod Edwards with R&R Traffic Solutions: 510-689-8285
- (For projects requiring 50 or more spaces) Travis Ervin with TriCal Rentals: 415-633-6827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Film No Stopping"
ONCE A POSTING CONTRACTOR HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, WE WILL SEND THE APPROVED MAPS/POSTING NUMBER TO THE POSTING CONTRACTOR COPYING THE PRODUCTION REPRESENTATIVE.
RULES RE: NO STOPPING/PARKING SIGNS:
- The signs must include the dates and times of the posting, your company name, a production company representative’s phone number, and the assigned posting number.
- Be sure to create a document that states the posting number and your company name to place in the windshields of all your vehicles to ensure that you do not get ticketed (Production responsibility).
- For requested non-metered spaces: you must post signs a minimum of 72 hours in advance; for requested metered spaces: you must be posted a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- If you are posting in a residential location without meters, you must purchase/rent stands to hang No Stopping signs on. An example of a place to purchase stands is Brickley Productions, located here in the city.
- Signs MAY NOT be hung on utility poles or private property.
- Upon arrival to the location, if you have taken more spaces than needed, please remove signs for parking not being used.
- Remove the signs promptly once filming is complete or they are no longer needed.