Scene in San Francisco Rebate Program
Home to some of the most memorable scenes ever put on screen, San Francisco is now more affordable with our Scene in San Francisco rebate program. Qualifying productions are eligible for a refund of all payroll tax and city fees up to $600,000 per production.
Do I Qualify?
Feature Films, TV Series episodes and pilots, and Web Series are all eligible for the program. For budgets under $3 million, 55% of principal photography must take place in San Francisco. For budgets of $3 million or more, 65% of principal photography must take place in San Francisco.
What costs are eligible for refund?
- Fees paid to City Departments for the use or rental of City property, equipment or employees including: Port, MUNI, SFPD, SFFD, DPT, DPW, Treasure Island, Recreation and Parks, and all City buildings
- All daily use fees paid to the San Francisco Film Commission
- All payroll taxes paid to the City and County of San Francisco.
Rebate Program Paperwork
- OVERALL INSTRUCTIONS REBATE PROGRAM REVISED 4.0_updated 11_27_18.pdf
- For a rebate checklist, please click here
- FIRST SOURCE HIRING INSTRUCTIONS_Updated 8_13_18.pdf
- FirstSourceHiringAgreement_Film_revised August 2018.doc
- Form A
- Form B.xlsx
- Form C
- Form D Revised 11.20.18.xlsx
- Form E Reimbursement With Sample (xls)
- Appeals Process
- Local Expenditure Report.xls